Artastic is a street spectacle, entertainment and arts education organisation, that has made a significant impact on the cultural life of communities throughout Ireland over the past thirteen years.
It has distinguished itself on a number of levels and not least through:
- Implementing a carefully conceived and distinct artistic policy that has continued to generate high quality outcomes
- Providing enthusiastic and innovative leadership
- Investing in long term strategic planning
- Developing a core of professionally skilled artists and providing regular employment and artistically challenging project opportunities
- Balancing commercially viable business with more public service orientated projects
- Identifying and culturing new partnerships
- Investing in a policy of education, training and mentoring aimed at emerging artists and in particular the burgeoning field of youth and community arts
Through these and related measures Artistic Directors, Vijaya Bateson and Caitriona Mc Gowan have forged a formidable partnership through which their shared vision, experience and capacity to deliver has been honed and focussed in a very deliberate manner.
Their track record in conceiving new works, establishing collaborative practises, patiently constructing developmental frameworks and engaging a range of partners at the civic and community level is a testament to their passion for contemporary street theatre and all its artistic, educational and cultural potentialities
They possess an admirable and tenacious organisational and business acumen – tried and tested in a range of sectoral circumstances – which despite the vagaries of the economy, continues to prove itself robust and capable of evolving many exciting horizons.
These qualities and values underpinning their practise and the clarity of their learning and ambition has compounded their working relationship with a host of commercial and communities clients across Ireland.